The sixth consecutive edition of DOMINIOS LATINOAMÉRICA returns to Argentina, on December 5, 2017. CCAT LAT and INTA, the National Institute of Agricultural Technology come together to convene an international conference that will focus on “Internet and production: challenges of an intelligent, precise and dynamic agriculture “. The event is also supported by the Catholic University of Cuyo, the National University of San Luis and the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Government of San Luis.
National and international experts will participate in this activity that will take place in the city of San Luis.
Registrations are already open and can be done until November 27 in this link.
From the internet of consumption to the internet of production
For decades, at a global level, information and communication technologies (ICT) have been introducing political, economic, social and cultural changes, among many others, in various spheres of life and human activity.
This process of transformation – which follows its progress and evolution – has acquired different nuances in the different societies and has become a key for anyone who wants to act on the present and project forward.
Recent research shows that in the specific case of agricultural activity ICTs are bringing new experiences, transforming not only certain production practices but also modes of communication, management and organization in farms of different scales.
In this sense, the sixth edition of DOMINIOS LATINOAMERICA will try to capture the interest and question several critical points that are characterizing an internet of production.
In this way, the program will propose a review of advances, trends and challenges regarding internet governance, livestock and precision agriculture, geo-informatics, internet of things, rural connectivity, family business management, 3D printing and artificial intelligence.
9 hs. Accreditations
10 hs. Opening discussion: “Where the technology is going?”
Authorities and representatives of the participating provincial, national and international organizations.
10.30 hs. KEY NOTE: “Paths to our digital future” | Olga Cavalli | President of ISOC Argentina, Member of the Board of Trustees of ISOC
11.00 hs. Coffee and visited by expo of technological entrepreneurs
11.30 hs. Panel 1: Precision agriculture and livestock
- Application for the management of breeding livestock (GesCRIA) | Carlos Casanova, FCFMyN-UNSL (San Luis)
- Experience in fruit growing | Gustavo Mercado, UTN Mendoza and ISOC Argentina
- Agro-geotechnologies: about stars and seeds | Yanina Bellini, INTA Anguil
- Integral information platform related to agriculture | Olinda Gagliardi, FCFMyN-UNSL (San Luis)
- Internet Applications of Things in Agriculture | Oscar Giudice Director of the Applied Research Center of CCAT LAT (Uruguay)
13.00 hs. KEY NOTE: “Advances in Internet connectivity in Argentina”| Agustín Garzón | Executive Manager of ENACOM National Communications Agency of Argentina
13.30 hs. Lunch
14:30 hs. KEY NOTE: “Challenges of smart agriculture”
- Gabriel Tinghitella | Argentine Association of Regional Consortiums of Agricultural Experimentation (AACREA), University of Buenos Aires (UBA – FAUBA)
15:15 hs Critical Internet Resources for the industry | Daniel Fink | ICANN (Brazil)
15.45 hs. Interactive session: ICT4D in different world contexts
16.45 hs. Panel 2: Challenges for the company and family farming
- How to think rural connectivity | Roberto Kiessling, FCFMyN – UNSL
- ICT and family farming: the value of young people | Matias Centeno, INTA San Luis
- 3D Printing and Industry 4.0 | Agustín Losso, INTI Córdoba
- Artificial intelligence in production | Marcelo Errecalde, FCFMyN – UNSL
17.40 hs. Closing remarks.